As Physiotherapists are health and movement experts, in our Pilates sessions we apply the very latest medical research and combine guided exercise with hands-on Physiotherapy techniques.
Clinical Pilates helps to develop strength, balance, control, flexibility and breathing, and is often used in rehabilitation and injury prevention. Our Clinical Pilates program here at Freedom Sports Medicine has the following features:
- Detailed initial assessment to tailor a program which best assists our participants.
- Run by a qualified Physiotherapist with extensive knowledge and training in the field and 14 – 19 years experience.
- Goal-orientated and specific programming. Everyone has an individualised program in which both patient and therapist goals are targeted.
- Continual monitoring of progression and reassessment is performed throughout the program period.
- Small classes, with a maximum of three participants. This allows for high levels of therapist-participant interaction
With the smallest class sizes in Ringwood and 19 years of Industry Experience you will achieve the peak performance and care you deserve
We offer a range of Clinical Pilates options for you, each individually tailored and Physio guided to address your healthcare needs. Your Physiotherapist will guide your Clinical Pilates, and can include as part of your session:
- Muscle Strength and Conditioning
- Cardio Training
- Balance and Proprioception
- Postural Retraining, core and pelvic floor retraining exercises
- Pregnancy support
- 1:1 or group sessions
Because you deserve the very best care
We feel the ability to ask questions and be monitored continuously is important to feel both comfortable and confident in reaching your goals.
The foundation of our approach is based on current Australian Physiotherapy research into retraining core strength, spinal stability and exercise rehabilitation. Recent studies from the University of Melbourne confirmed that Physio-supervised Pilates is a safe, highly effective method of exercise for the treatment and prevention of chronic lower back pain.
Pilates is the preferred method for targeting vital core muscles, particularly around the spine, hips, buttock and shoulder.